District Manager - Kansas City
- lenexa, KS, USA
- Based On Experience
- Full Time
- District Manager
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and much more.
It's your city. It's your house. It's Rally House! We're fans, just like you and are searching for dedicated, passionate team members who show love for our city and team sports by providing excellent customer service and team spirit. Rally House has the largest selections of officially licensed NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and MLS merchandise. Not to mention local novelties and regional-inspired apparel! A one-stop shop for the most diverse and in-depth selection of sports apparel & gifts.
Why Rally House? Our stores offer a 40% off discount, friendly environment, flexible schedule and comfortable shopping experience, with associates dedicated to helping customers find the perfect new item to represent their team. We want to be more than just another sports apparel and gift store, and our team helps us stand apart from the competition. We don't just provide jobs; we provide careers - places to grow. The key to creating our premium experience is our people. Our focus is to hire people who are passionate about sports and helping customers. Premium associates who maintain or exceed our standards of excellence help bring our brand to life in-store and online and by taking great care of our customers.
Rally House is seeking a District Manager to join our growing team. The primary role of the District Manager is to provide leadership, management, and supervision of the customer experience and store operations of multiple store locations within an assigned market. The District Manager will plan, implement and follow up on all initiatives and processes within the market. Driving the customer experience while ensuring the store presentation and expense control meet company standards. This position is responsible for teaching, coaching, and training leadership in the stores.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive and maximize the customer experience to achieve goals.
- Control labor within guidelines by approving all weekly schedules.
- Drive corporate initiatives with a focus on goal attainment and expense control.
- Analyzes financial data to build on strengths, support weak areas and note any unusual occurrences.
- Train Store Managers in recognizing and influencing their business by understanding reports and acting on the knowledge.
- Conducts store visits to ensure compliance, train, and provide feedback on the customer experience and store operations.
- Provides consistent developmental feedback that empowers and motivates our team and fosters a team environment by using effective communication skills.
- Motivate leaders and associates to achieve their maximum potential.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all associate, peers, supervisors and corporate office.
- Plans, delegates and follows up on expected tasks, assignments and activities to ensure expectations and objectives are met.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner designed to educate, inspire, motivate and direct behavior of all store level personnel.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store management team within the district to develop and implement action plans to exceed the customer experience, meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Reviews store environments and key business indicators within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the store management team to act and achieve goals.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and prioritize company objectives and properly manage time to ensure all are achieved.
- Effectively organize resources and communications to maximize personal and district performance.
- Supervise Store Managers through planning, assigning, and directing their overall functions.
- Supervise stores to ensure company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization are maintained.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, visual merchandising and display presentation, fixture layout, and visual operation within an assigned district.
- Conduct store visits to drive a consistent execution among stores and ensure that directives are read/interpreted in a consistent manner; utilize store visit guides to provide feedback on overall store experience.
- Communicate consistently with store personnel to insure understanding and compliance with all policies, procedures and best practices.
- Ensures scheduling of the store is complete to company standards in order to deliver the customer experience and complete all operational tasks.
- Attracts, recruits, and retains talent leaders and associates who are customer focused and demonstrate the ability to deliver an excellent customer experience. Developing a succession plan within the district to prepare for talent needs while minimizing turnover.
- Utilize company training tools to fully develop potential and bench strength at all levels.
- Train leaders and store associates on standard operating procedures.
- Administer the progressive steps of discipline to include verbal and written warnings.
- Interact regularly with all levels of store staff to gain insight on store morale and to gain suggestions from the store level on operational efficiencies and customer experience.
- Show initiative to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes in direction and priority.
- Exemplify a "Whatever It takes!" spirit.
- Travel and work full shifts in stores within a given geographic area.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight as needed.
- Ability to work weekends, nights, holidays, varying days and hours, based on business needs.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Store Management experience with a focus on the customer experience, knowledge in fashion apparel and with proven results.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong networking, recruiting, training, visual merchandising and operational skills.
- Aptitude for interpreting retail data and applying solutions as problems arise.
- Ability to adapt to change and assume added responsibilities
- Proven track record of delivering an exceptional customer experience, deliver results, while controlling shrink and payroll.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong merchandising and visual skills.
- Excellent organization skills: ability to plan and execute tasks efficiently.
- Proactive and creative problem-solving ability.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to travel up to 2-weeks at a time during events.
RH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer