- Lenexa, KS, USA
- Based on experience
- Full Time
- We offer health, dental, vision and life alongside a 401K.
The Payroll Coordinator reports directly to the Payroll Manager and works closely with all store management as well as upper management. This position is responsible for performing all activities necessary to process payroll, including maintaining related records, voluntary deduction reports, and processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all aspects of the payroll function
- This includes, but is not limited to, administrative duties involving the development and maintenance of payroll systems, internal controls and records, and the supervision of the day-to-day payroll processing operations and related accounting entries within an automated systems environment
- Also coordinates related requirements of government agencies such as Internal Revenue Service, Social Security Administration, Division of Family Services and Department of Labor
- Responsible for collecting data for general audits and special projects
- Controls the collection of information for Federal and State mandated documents such as I9's, W2's and W4's
- Identify problems and make recommendations
- Maintains the time clock app where all employees are hired, terminated and clock in and out
- Manages the New Hire Onboarding Process
- Recommends ways to optimize the payroll process while reducing time expenditures and unnecessary costs
- Process specific payroll reports for internal procedures and agencies
- Control the garnishment process to ensure that all regulations are meet and in accordance to all guidelines
- Prepare employee verification inquiries for agencies
- Respond to employee requests pertaining to payroll matters
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Education/Experience: Associates degree from an accredited University or other related work experience
- At least 2 years of experience
- Experience with Multi-State payroll, preferred
- Computer skills with MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Data entry and strong numerical skills
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations
- Detail oriented, organizational, and strong communication/ customer service skills.
- Proactive and capable with working in a team as well as independently
- Ability to handle multiple requests and time sensitive deadlines
- Problem solving
- Capability to adapt to new concepts and systems
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product
- Work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company