- Lenexa, KS, USA
- Bases on Experience
- Full Time
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and much more
The Business Controller will be responsible for both financial analysis and business leadership. Business Controller must possess both strong quantitative abilities and excellent written and oral communication skills. They are strategic, analytical thinkers who are driven by results and can innovate and develop creative financial solutions. while overseeing all accounting activity. The Business Controller will report directly to the CFO and will play a pivotal role in the company's continued growth. Candidates for this position should have experience in auditing, internal controls, AP, AP, complex IT environment and accounting for multiple business units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish list of management reporting by entire Accounting and Finance department. Assign responsibility and schedule completion and reporting to management.
- Provide co-supervision and accountability for AP Manager and staff, including attendance and absentee reporting, authorization and control.
- Keep vendor statements reconciled and resolve issues in a timely matter.
- Establish metrics for measuring productivity of staff and department. Create goals for improvement and work with staff to institute time saving and productivity enhancements.
- Assist in budget with Finance Controller and General Accountant. Audit budget prior to presenting to management.
- Understand all overhead costs including IT, Marketing, Buying and General Administrative costs and contracts. Monitor performance against budget, as provided by reporting by General Accountant after month closing.
- Present financial analysis to department heads in monthly meetings to review performance against budget and causes of deviations – seek to reduce any and all expenses.
- Provide supervision and accountability for AR and shipping specialists. Provide management reports tracking performance including shipping costs rebills, credits, free product vs product paid not received & credits for overages.
- Initiate other accounting/AP analyses seeking to recover over payments or unjustified payments to vendors.
- Understand all contract terminations and provide assistance to operating teams to negotiate new contracts at lower rates.
- Have 100% control of all disbursement: Checks, ACH, wire transfers, automatic payments, credit cards and any others.
- Report on EDI implementation, costs, and increase vendors enrolled.
- Manage payroll department
- Overall responsibility for management of company benefit plans.
- Apply internal auditing concepts throughout organization.
- Currently employed as a Controller in a high-performance company
- Currently oversees multiple direct reports
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred
- At least 5 years related experience
- Extensive skills in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and other Accounting Software
- Oracle preferred, but not required
Required Natural Behaviors
- Ability to think and plan strategically to align processes with company goals
- Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines and follow-up on all activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate key and complex financial concepts to employees at all levels
- Willingness to dive into details of our business costs of any and all nature: leases, controllable occupancy costs, IT software and telecom contract, insurance and benefits, etc.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer
Directly Supervise Accounting Department