Jr. Network Administrator
- Lenexa, KS, USA
- Based On Experience
- Full Time
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and much more.
This is a full time permanent position within the Rally House Internal Information Technology department. Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting a company's computer systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Selects vendors and makes recommendations to the Director of IT in regards to optimization of store software equipment and services, while minimizing costs and maximizing productivity
- Travel to all new stores to install and setup all hardware and software
- Install and maintain network hardware and software
- Analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability
- Evaluate and modify system's performance
- Design and Execute Disaster Recovery testing
- Determine network and system requirements.
- Recommends upgrades for equipment and software
- Maintain integrity of the network, server deployment, and security
- Ensure network connectivity throughout a company's LAN/WAN infrastructure is on par with technical considerations
- Assist with migration from On-Premise AD to Azure Cloud based AD
- Responsible for testing new software programs to ensure compatibility with existing programs. Makes recommendations on how to increase the compatibility.
- Perform network address assignment
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field
- Six (6) years of experience in related positions.
- Appropriate college coursework, technical training, or industry certifications may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Industry certification with directly related experience may be substituted for the degree requirements on a year for year basis.