Buyer - Retail Hardlines
- Lenexa, KS, USA
- Based on experience.
- Full Time
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, a fabulous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and much more.
Buyers are hands on in all aspects of an assigned category within Rally House! A typical day includes product selection, forecasting, trend analysis, assortment planning, vendor negotiation and leading a team of Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and Buyers in Training. This position thrives off analytical attention and creative passion for sports merchandise. From product selection to allocation, Buyer's capitalize on all opportunities to drive business and offer incredible product in all Rally House store's nationwide!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Allocation of merchandise to stores with forethought of an omni-channel service
- Develop promotions and marketing concepts to drive merchandise sales
- Build strong vendor partnerships and assist in negotiation of prices and credit terms
- Work closely with Marketing and ecommerce teams to drive merchandise sales in-stores and online
- Manage high volume of purchase orders from aspects of purchase order creation, inventory logistics, receiving, and allocation
- Forecasting, reporting, and sales analysis
- Maintain accountability for all inventory management with guidance from General Merchandise Manager
- Design and allocate products for placement and sales in all stores
- Negotiate costs to maximize gross margin while maintaining competitive retail prices
- Ensure vendor compliance with shipping and pricing policies
- Review recommendations from Junior Buyers for the development of product lines and assortments to achieve budgeted sales
- Work independently while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Identify trends to develop new products, graphics, and Rally House exclusives
- Supervise Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Buyers in Training
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sports Management, Merchandising, or related field
- 3 – 5 years' experience as a Junior Buyer or Buyer in a large volume business, preferably with an emphasis on hardgoods
- Experience with buying licensed product within the sports industry preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Sports Enthusiast
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Sports minded
This position could be a remote position and would support our corporate office located in Kansas City.
RH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer